Swidget 1.0 2

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again!

4/2/07

I'm not talking about the kick-ass song (and even more kick-ass video) of the band "OK Go", but the season of the Houston Astros.
Tonight, the Astros were on their way to victory with a great outing by starter Roy Oswalt (one run in over 7 innings) and were up 2-1. Middle-man Wheeler was alright, but then comes in "the closer" Brad Lidge. He gets the first two outs, and is only one away from starting the season off right with a good Astros win vs. a crappy Pirates team when on the first pitch to the third guy...boom! Homerun to tie the game on what should be the last out of the game.
What the hell, Lidge?!?!?! Do you know what kind of crap you put me through last year with your 6 blown-saves and all 9 of your other caused-losses that I think should be considered blown saves (i.e. when lidge comes in for the 9th inning of a tied game and gives up 2 homeruns)?!?!?
You've already been de-moted from my "favorite Astro" on the third week of July last year. Now are you trying to get de-moted to "least favorite Astro", currently Orlando Palmeiro?
I've already stopped defending your poor performances and now I am the one leading the jeers and the boos. I don't know if you are familiar with English word definitions, but here is one for you, courtesy of m-w.com :

Closer
Pronunciation: 'klO-z&r
Function: noun
: one that closes; especially : a relief pitcher who specializes in finishing games

Your job, Brad Lidge, is to come into the game, get three outs, then celebrate the victory of a job well-done. If the Astros wanted someone to come in when they have the lead and give up a game-tying or game-losing homerun, they could hire me! Granted, I only have about a 55-ish mph fastball, and the major leaguers aren't used to pitches that slow, but it would still get the job done. And it would be a hell of a cheaper, as I would agree to do it for $30,000/year (a.k.a. about 1/10th of what they pay you to do it).
Consider tonight your one "freebie", Lidge. Get it together and do your job! Do it for the kids that look up to you, do it for the love of the game, do it for the money if you need to, do it to keep your job, do it so that people don't have to worry when you come into the game, do it so that I won't boo you anymore, do it so that I don't consider leaving the game once you come in, and most importantly...do it to keep my medical bills low so that my blood pressure doesn't go through the roof, my ulcers don't devour my inner linings, I'm not screaming mad, and punching through walls.

I feel that it's going to be a long season.....Here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again!

No comments: