Swidget 1.0 2

Sunday, May 6, 2007

random nothings, blogs, ATHF, cokes, and a Texas joke

OK, I'm in a weird mood today. Maybe it's the fact that the driving in Te-jas is so horrible that I only drove to school and back and nearly got hit about half a dozen times today. Maybe it's the Chinagirl with which I work wore the same outfit for the 4th straight day and always gets in my way and leaves the fridge open. Or, maybe it's the couple martini's I've had tonight.

Of course, there can't ever be a blog where I don't talk about something that pisses me off, so I'll go ahead and get it out of the way: The one magazine to which I have a subscription provided me a code to download a free song on iTunes. I put it in, but the site said something like "server was down-try again later", so like the gullible American I am, I try again later and it says "you've already used this code". Son of a bitch! They got me. I think it was all a big ploy to trick people for no good reason. Of course, this leads me to think....why didn't I think of this first?

This leads me to my next topic was that every blog has a basis. For example, I can't stand stupid people, so mine normally revolves around me getting my frustrations out on them before I calm down to talk about more down-to-earth stuff. I didn't realize this until someone mentioned it this week, while this whole time I (and Tony with music) have been [a] perfect example[s] of this. Very intriguing. Make sure to add me to your myspace blog subscriptions, but see if you can find the basis in all of your other common-read blogs.

I do have to give my hats off to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force advertising ploy that happened this week. For those who don't know, ATHF is the most Fucked-up show on TV (notice I didnt abbreviate this time b/c it is so true). It revolves around a milkshake, meatball, and box of fries hanging out in New Jersey. Quality!
Anywho, the ad wizards decided to put one of the characters in LED lights on a circuit-board and placed them randomly around big cities in America, particularly on highways. Of course, there is nothing on it that say the name of the show or anything, but once people thought they were bombs, the story really blew up (pardon the pun). This caused them to get more advertisement than they ever expected and, what is even better, the judge today ruled that there is a good chance that they won't have enough evidence to show it was a "threat", so they may have gotten away with it completely! Meanwhile, this whole time, the average person is saying "what the F--- is ATHF and why do I want to watch personified food hanging out in New Jersey?" GENIUS!!!!

I read someone's profile today that said "I love proper grammer". It wasn't sarcastic or meant to be oxymoronic. Good job, idiot.
It's 1:20. I've got time for (at least) one more martini before Bob Ross comes on. I'll close this out with a Texas joke (one of millions). AMF!
-------------------------
Here is a joke I read today from the state that considers drunk driving a sport:

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in
Houston , Texas.
After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so
intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the
parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing. After
what seemed an eternity in which he tried his keys on five different
vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons
left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started the car, switched the
wipers on and off; it was a fine, dry summer night--, flicked the
blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then
switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little
and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other
patrons' vehicles left. At last, when his was the only car left in the
parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now
started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the
driver over and administered a breathalyzer test.

To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that
the man had consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said,
"I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."
"I doubt it," said the truly proud TEXAN. "Tonight I'm the
designated decoy."

---I didn't say it was going to be that funny.

No comments: