Swidget 1.0 2

Sunday, May 6, 2007

The SNL Target sketch is real!

The other day I was shopping at Target for some new shorts on sale (thanks to 80 degree Houston Februarys) and the cashier was just like the one on the Target sketch on SNL. It's the one where Kristen Wiig is the cashier commenting on the customers purchases. Anywho, she scanned my shorts and was like "oh, these are nice, I should get some of these" while holding them up and looking at them a little too long. At least it's nice to know that the funny things on TV are based on real things. If you don't know the sketch, please ignore this entire paragraph until you watch the clip on the link above.
Anyone else catch the Oscars last night? I watched the last half of it b/c all the other channels didn't even bother putting up a fight for viewing rating competition. What was Jack Nicholson thinking by shaving his head? I didnt even recognize him until Ellen said something about him. My guess is that someone cut it a little lop-sided yesterday and it looked so bad that he decided to just take it all off.
Also, how do they determine the seating for the Oscars? I can understand putting the people who are going to win on the ends, but why were people like Mark Wahlberg and Beyonce near the front when they weren't even up for anything?
I did see Jim Gaffigan on friday night and it was he was hilarious! If he comes near you, go see him!
No idiocracy stories today, which is a pleasant and rare surprise. Maybe it's the calm before the double-digit-I.Q. storm hits me later this week.
Oh, the lesson for the day is: if you're going to play softball for the first time in 3.5 months, stretch first. My quads have been reminding me of that all day long!

No comments: