Swidget 1.0 2

Sunday, May 6, 2007

randomness exacerbated via pointless deductive reasoning....and stuff

4/12/07

That is not to be confused with inductive reasoning, which uses a specific observation to come to a generalized conclusion.
Anyway......
Hey, how's things? Isn't it funny when people ask questions in a letter or blog, seeing as they won't be answered by the reader? Oh wait, that was a question.
Warren Buffet was officially passed as the #2 richest person in the world by Mexican media mogul Carlos Slim. FYI, he is worth ~$53,000,000,000. Wowwweeee! I was sitting here thinking of what I would do with that kind of money. I could own 53 franchises, a few thousand Chipotle restaurants, the country of Sealand, almost 38,000 Enzo Ferrari's (even though only 400 were made), or my very own city in Montana (maybe the entire state). The first thing I would do is make my feature film that I have had in my head for 10 years and demand that it not be "sequel-ed" or re-made in the future.

I'm having a surprisingly upswing in luck this week. Today I talked to my boss and we decided I will probably defend my thesis circa October 8th, which means the Ph.D. is in sight. By the way, I will be making all of you call me Dr. Dapper (including the one person who already does).
Not only that, but the Astros are playing better, knock on wood.
I also "got the call" I was expecting a couple days ago (if you really need to know and can't figure it out, ask). That was nice.
My best friend from HS is coming into town this weekend and we will be tearing up Houston, including watching Yao score 69 points saturday and the 'stros win game #7 of their current 100-game win streak.
My reactions at work actually "work"-ed yesterday.
Good times, good times...

I'm watching Scrubs right now and I think I am a congenial mix of all the characters, but about 40% Dr. Cox and 30% J.D. If you don't watch Scrubs, you should. It's genius.
To wrap this up, I think when I grow up I want to be Milkman Dan from the best comic strip in the world "Red Meat".
Kudos again to Alex Osborn if he ever reads this for being Milkman Dan at the 2004 Halloween party (I think I was the only one to recognize him and was his lap-dog all night b/c of the original costume).
On second thought, if I had $53 billion, I would be Jack from the Jack-in-the-box commercials. On third thought, add that the the "jobs I'd do for free" list.
Have a good weekend.
AMF.

No comments: