Swidget 1.0 2

Sunday, May 6, 2007

no workout, I'm not Chinese-approved, and who knows?

OK, someone (put quotation marks around the word if you want) appearantly didn't want me to work out tonight. Not only is part of the area blocked off b/c they are doing work outside of it, but when I went at 9:30, the room was full with someone being on each machine. Those of you who know me know that I am not a fan of people, especially others in close proximity. So, I decided to go watch another episode of King of Queens and go back later. When I went back, there was no one in it, but the door was locked...from the inside! HOW? There wasn't anyone in there and no one in the bathroom in there, so how the crap was the door locked? My workout room key only unlocks the handle, but not the deadbolt, so maybe God knew I was going to drop some weights on my head or something and wanted to keep me from doing it. Oh well, you win this time...you always do.
On another note, the Chinese government isn't letting their people view my webpage (thanks to the reference from whiterose). They refuse to teach about Tiananmen Square in school and now this. C'mon, I'm friends with lots of Chinese people and they know that I don't want to take over China when I come into world power-- I'm shooting for Canada first, seriously.
Tomorrow is my first poker tournament since "the catch". For those of you that don't know, I played in one at the beginning of the year in which I was really rolling and doing well when it got down to 7 of us (out of ~20 to start). I felt my flush was going to hit, so moved all in to scare people out. The guy with the made straight called, then I hit my flush-like I knew I would. However, he had one out in the whole deck (the 4 of hearts) to make an inside straight flush and sure as crap he hit it. The worst part is that he didnt know it once he caught it and he thought he lost, while I just sat there in disbelief. Ever since then, I have been seeing the 4 of hearts everywhere, including card tricks. Let's hope tomorrow's tournament ends a little better.
I did see my first Woody Allen movie the other night: Match Point. Not bad. Had a twist ending, but pretty good. Anyone have any others of his to recommend? BTW, if you don't think Scarlett Johanssen is the hottest person on earth, rent this movie and tell me you still think that. She is alright in non-movies, but in this one...WOW!
TGIF! Things are starting to turn around for me. The big UT win this week, stuff at work is looking good, etc. If I do win my tourney tomorrow I may "officially" be happy. We'll see...

No comments: